Booster is a primary or secondary additive to caustic detergents for the removal of heavy organic deposits found across the food & beverage industries.
- Booster is a highly concentrated liquid additive to caustic that enhances detergency and soil removal at temperatures up to 80°C during CIP applications where organic soiling is a problem.
- Booster when added to blended caustic detergents gives improved detergency over the use of blended products alone, resulting in shorter cleaning times.
- Highly effective in removing organic deposits, thus improving operational efficiency.
- Suitable for automatic dosing and control by proportionally linking the additive pump to the caustic delivery pump, ensuring consistent delivery of the product.
- Care has to be taken to ensure that the correct level of the product is dosed into the CIP system and that the oxygen generated is vented into air.
Typical use concentrations for Booster are up to 10% w/w (~8.8% v/v) dosed into the diluted caustic detergent solution being used at an ambient temperature of up to 80°C. Exact concentrations depend upon the application and level of organic soiling. Booster should be added carefully to a vented CIP system and equipment to prevent pressure build caused by a powerful exothermic reaction between strong acids and alkaline. Solutions containing Booster should be thoroughly rinsed after use to remove them from all food and beverage contact surfaces.